NERD DEATH MATCH: CLASS OF 1998!!

cobalt-60

• Members

Super C was waaaaaaaay harder, had that goofy top-down mode, and i don't think there was a 99 lives code. fayle. (it looked cooler though, i loved the first stage).

No way, the over head was okay and the lame psuedo 3-d thing in Contra 1 sucked so much more. Plus there was a more lives code, not quite 99, but you got 30 or something.

• Members

Bump. Man, remember the Nintendo Cave? Back in the day, you'd have a little corner for the NES games, and they'd be all stacked up however you did it with whatever accessories you deemed necessary. And Nintendo Power posters on the wall. {censored} was serious business.

In 7th grade my rents lent me their old b&w tv (having a tv in your room wasn't too common then) and I built a entertainment system for my systems out of Playskool Pipe Works, and I collected Beatles records. I was clearly the coolest kid in my class.

• Members

i'm partial to say ninja gaiden (only because i'm #2 in the world in completion time, [nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds!]) but man, tecmo super bowl HAS to be it.

edit: yeah i now i was just looking for an excuse to drop that, but who cares.

• Members

The dying fish meter at the bottom is genius.

I never really understood why they did that when I was younger. Seemed kind of out of place. It signifies the fish getting tired though and I think "lets go" if you push it to far.

I used to love playing (and for some weird reason, watching my brothers play) this game. The music while your fishing is like the Lambchop song. It just keeps looping forever and drills into your head. I kinda want to learn it... Also the fish fight song (reminds me a bit of some old Powerman 5000 song... This Is What It's Like, or something like that. It's that descending chromatic bit)

Ended up voting for Contra / Super C because a friend and I used to play through it all the time.

• Members

NICE! I used to play that on our Sega. I could never figure it out though and we didn't have the internet yet, to pull up a walk through. This was all pre AOL 1.0 anyway... not sure how many walkthroughs I'd have found. I also loved music! The game always had such an eerie feeling to me for some reason.

• Members

NICE! I used to play that on our Sega. I could never figure it out though and we didn't have the internet yet, to pull up a walk through. This was all pre AOL 1.0 anyway... not sure how many walkthroughs I'd have found. I also loved music! The game always had such an eerie feeling to me for some reason.

I remember leaving the Nintendo on overnight because that game had no password system. :lol:

I finally beat the whole game last year. :cool:

If you want a game with an eerie feeling try Kabuki Quantum Fighter:

[video=youtube;g8iJtWyyQfA]

This game scared the {censored} out of me when I was a kid. I had nightmares, seriously. errrr.gif

Archived