Best Nanoverb-like sounds in a pedal?

Aedes

• Members

So I picked up a nanoverb on the cheap recently. I love the sound of this thing for the really long decays you can get on the reverbs, but I would really really love if it was on the floor and foot-switchable.

Is there anything in a stompbox that can do this? I don't have much experience with reverb pedals (ghost echo is the only one I have).

I know the cathedral can do the infinite thing, but you have to hold down the switch?

What say you?

• Members

Where there any alesis stompboxes released that might incude those sounds?

Or I guess you could sit a small bypass loop on top of it and it wouldn't take up much more space than a pedal :idk: it's only 1/3rd the size of full-size rack right?

• Members

I remember some years back on here someone posted a nanoverb that they had modded by adding a stomp switch directly on the top of the unit like a regular pedal. If there's enough room inside the case that wouldn't be hard to do. Or you could just velcro a small latching footswitch to the top of the unit and use it that way. There's really no reason not to use it if you like the sound you're getting.

• Members

Where there any alesis stompboxes released that might incude those sounds?

Or I guess you could sit a small bypass loop on top of it and it wouldn't take up much more space than a pedal
:idk:
it's only 1/3rd the size of full-size rack right?

I looked around and they had a 'modfx' line of stompboxes (discontinued), but it doesn't look they had a reverb with that line.

Yeah, it's small--bypass loop would work.

• Members

I remember some years back on here someone posted a nanoverb that they had modded by adding a stomp switch directly on the top of the unit like a regular pedal. If there's enough room inside the case that wouldn't be hard to do. Or you could just velcro a small latching footswitch to the top of the unit and use it that way. There's really no reason not to use it if you like the sound you're getting.

that's interesting--maybe a rehousing project could be in the works.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I see there's a new Nanoverb out, doesn't seem to contain the 'non-linear' effects though, which are supposedly the most interesting.

Yeah i saw that in the new sweetwater catalog. There's a new setting called "Tape" but I can't find any info on it. Non-linear is gone. There are fewer reverbs, but there are combo delay / reverbs. Might be worth a try for 99 bucks.

NanoVerb2-xlarge.jpg

Archived