Who would like some free modulation???

• Members

Yo y'all. I started on electric and I have a lot of gear. These days I'm playing almost strictly acoustic and I have even more gear. Much of it goes unused and that's sad. I recently had a rechargeable battery replaced in a motion sensor, and I haven't used it since getting it back. Of course I could sell it, but breaking up the set just seems wrong. I'm thinking I should just give it away and maybe some karma'll come my way.

Up for grabs is the following:

Hothands motion controlled Wah/Filter

Hothands motion controlled Phaser/Flanger

Hothands Wireless Sensor/Receiver

You wear a motion sensing ring (usually on your picking hand), and your motion controls the filter/phase/flange. The Wah/Filter has an auto wah setting. The Phaser/Flanger actually has several mod sources. You can choose an LFO, the ring sensor, Envelope, or a built in sequencer to control the effect. They kept the interface very clean, so you need to be a little technical to be able to manipulate the "back page" parameters, but of course I have all the manuals and stuff. They're fun, they sound good, and they totally add an aspect of showmanship to your rig. The ring has a bright blue LED and it'll be obvious to anyone watching that you're actually massaging the sound. Several rude gestures work very well at triggering the fx as well.

I'm giving this away. That means I shouldn't be paying anything. Lucky winner pays shipping from VT. I'd like this to go to some underprivileged youth who's slowly dying from lack of modulation effects built on a 56bit system on a chip architecture...but it'd be too easy to make up something horrifying, and I really don't want to read a bunch of sob stories. Post in this thread. I'll pick a winner. This may not be entirely random, deal.

I'll announce the winner on April 1st so that no one thinks I could possibly be serious about this.

: D

TL/DR: {censored} you, I'm giving away free {censored}, go back and read it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone have experience with the hot hands and want to comment on how they work in real usage? It seemed like a cool idea when it came out but there's a lot going on with the picking hand, seems like doing some stuff while also trying to work in the ring could be difficult.

I'd like to try the wah, but I'm more curious as to how workable and functional they are in general.

Edit: In case it's not clear, don't put me in the running for the freebies, just want to pick your brain.

• Members

here's a demo a buddy of mine did for them a few years ago. Not the greatest demo, but it'll give you an idea...

I usually use it so that pointing down is analagous to toe up on a wah, and pointing up is like toe down. Obviously this doesn't give you the same independance between picking and the foot control of the wah, but you're guaranteed the picking and effect stay in time!

Also, you can plug an expression pedal in to get tredal control of the wah/phase/flange.

Archived