Diamond VS. Keeley two knob compressor

crybaby530

• Members

I was wondering if anyone had experience with these two pedals. I have a dyan comp right now which is ok so im looking to upgrade. Right now I'm leaning towards the Diamond. I use my Comp mainly to even out my strings and give a nice full sound, i rarely put my comp over 12oclock. Any imput would be appreciated!

• Members

For subtle compression, the Diamond is money. The Keeley will probably have more squish than you want... so I'd go with the Diamond. It's awesome.

what he said^. i have had both and am digging the diamond a lot more because of the more transparent compression. compression, for me, is one of those fx that you can't (and don't want to be able to) tell when its on because its so subtle, but when you turn it off, you really miss it. i leave mine on all the time :thu: the keeley really couldn't pull this off as well.

• Members

The Keeley's pretty cool, but honestly, I think it's a bit overpriced for what it is. Keeley is able to charge that much because his compressor is like THE name in compressors, especially for country.

If I were buying another compressor, I'd get something with parallel compression, or I'd get the Diamond probably.

Archived