When you think Fender amps

warioblast

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Twin Reverb. i haven't played in a band for over a year & it will probably be a while longer before i start to play out. still, i can't let go of my Twin even though it's ridiculously-too-loud for home use.

makes me wish i had a deluxe reverb or even a bassman...but as soon as i setup with a band again i know i'd miss the Twin too much.

• Members

I'm actually picking one up for a friend for $500. AB165, looks like its brand new. Such good amps.

If you're up for a drive there's a silverface bassman for sale at Daddy's in Nashua, NH for $399. Might be able to talk them down, too.

• Members

If you're up for a drive there's a silverface bassman for sale at Daddy's in Nashua, NH for $399. Might be able to talk them down, too.

If only I knew about that yesterday, before my girlfriend picked up her twin for $450. Would have checked that out! Oh well, thanks for the heads up though, much appreciated.

• Members

For me, it's the Vibrolux Reverb. An original black or silver face, not the "Custom" VR Fender currently builds. I had been gassing for one for a long time, but could never find one I could afford. I was lucky enough to finally get one a few weeks ago. I't's a '72 silverface. The tone that comes out of that amp is unbelievable.

• Members
The first thing that I thought of was "Princeton". I love Princetons.
:love:

But the classic Fender amp will really depend on who you ask, and when. The Twin certainly qualifies - several times, since there have been several models, going all the way back to the tweed era. Same with the Pro, and the Princeton and the Deluxe.

There is no single "classic Fender amp" IMHO - there's a whole bunch of them.
:)

DSCN0405.JPG

I agree whole heartedly but tend to pick from these.

• Members

Deluxe Reverb: very common gig amp. Great for cranking in a smaller room or micing. One of my all time favorite guitarists, Bill Kirchen, used one forever, switched to several others including a $5K signature amp made by Talos, and eventually switched back to the DR. I now usually use a '74 SFDR as my go to amp.

• Members

2x12 Deville!!

FenderDeVille21260WGuitarAmp.jpg

This is my amp. I've barely had it a year and I don't get to use it too too much because it's so loud but I love it. Great great cleans and the dirt channel is actually pretty nice too. I love the fact that it has a presence knob and reverb. I always use both. Good stuff for sure.

• Members

Testify. I've been using a 4x10 deville for years and it's never failed me! They're loud, dirty and can take a beating.
The gain channel is an aquired taste, you cant get a 'metal' tone at all but I'd never want to. The gain is really bitey and almost fuzzy.
I've replaced the stock groove tubes mesa 6L6 tubes so that might have changed the gain slightly.

Archived