Guyatone Reverb

jomaco

• Members

Hi

Can anyone tell me about the guyatone RM-5. It is a stand alone spring reverb unit from the 1970s kind of like a fender unit I believe. It goes between the guitar and amp, are these units any good/what do they sound like?

Cheers

Jon

• 6 months later...
  • Members

The reverb wasn't really to my taste in the end. I think it might be because I put it into the front of a bluesbreaker style amp but isn't this what they used to do with the old plexis (w/a fender reverb tank)?

Having heard the youtube clip of the (similar) carlsbro unit (see my other post - don't think it's been approved yet) I thought it would be ideal but i'm just not sure about that power cable... at worst perhaps I could make one! Here is the ebay auction: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190589176003?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1413 - what power cable do you think it might be?

• Members

lol, i still rock my old vesta fire rv1, sold the 3. i also have a ELK mixer with spring reverb in it. just found a sansui little mixer. i think it also has a spring verb. i bet that was a rebranded melos unit or so...

vesta fire/vestax made some of my favourite stuff ;)

proud user since 2005.

Archived