Hey UK Folks anyone live in/around birmingham i'm moving there (need recommendations)

• Members

I lived in erdington for a bit over two years. Not too pricey, not a great area but not bad and there are some nice bits. Also very close to the motorway - you're only ever a few mins from m6 j6.

Oh, if you move to Birmingham, you have to come see my band. What's the job?

• Members

I lived in erdington for a bit over two years. Not too pricey, not a great area but not bad and there are some nice bits. Also very close to the motorway - you're only ever a few mins from m6 j6.

Oh, if you move to Birmingham, you have to come see my band. What's the job?

Joining the real world and getting a teaching job. Would love to come and see once i get sorted out that way I'm in Scarborough atm which is a musical wasteland...

• Members

I worked in B'ham for years, and our bookshop used to deliver to most of the schools there. Still have friends there but I don't see as much of the city as I used to but I'd look at Moseley and Kings Heath, Bournville, Edgbaston, Harborne. Avoid Hockley, Handsworth, Balsall Heath, Yardley, Sheldon...

I live down the coast from Scarborough and can't recall ever seeing bands there. However, the best deals I've ever had on gear were from Mancini's - Brian there is a top bloke!

• Members

Yeh i'm at the uni, well for the next month anyways, I have never been to Mancinis or even known of its existance (facepalm on that one...). Cheers for the advice guys looking at a few house in erdington this weekend when i'm going over to sort some stuff. Looking in stetchford too don't know if thats any good...?

• Members

I live down the coast from Scarborough and can't recall ever seeing bands there. However, the best deals I've ever had on gear were from Mancini's - Brian there is a top bloke!

I only went there a couple of times, but yeah he was a nice guy - both times he was in the corner setting up an electric, looking delighted.

Archived