Best ever music album of all time with....(a few) synth's.

sinew1958

• Members

Vapor trails was a bunch of suckiness in the format of an album... Power Windows was a masterpiece compared to that...

Yes PW was fantastic, but so was VT, the reason you can't stand listening to VP though is because it was mastered by a retard (or at least a retard was pulling the strings of the mastering puppet - It's way too LOUD

PW is a masterpiece, but it's also rather dorky in the grand scheme of the band.

• Members
Vapor trails was a bunch of suckiness in the format of an album... Power Windows was a masterpiece compared to that...

Power Windows kicked ASS! I don't know why the nay-sayers don't dig it, I love it.:love:

Always has been for me, probably always will be..

Some great stuff on that and "Aliens ate my Buick".:thu:

• Members
p.s. Prog sucks!

:lol:

I have a love/hate relationship with progressive rock. At its worst, it is bombastic and over-wanky. At its best, it's pretty awesome. No different than most music genres I suppose.

If I had to name a favorite prog band, it would be Gabriel-era Genesis ("Supper's Ready" and "Carpet Crawlers" rank particularly high for me).

• Members
p.s. Prog sucks!

And with that said, my post goes for one the most influential, non-progressive electronic albums of all time by a band that was too punk for the punks to tolerate.

suicide.jpg
Suicide - Suicide (1977)

The original post says albums made with a few synths, well, this album was made which just a single Farfisa organ and like three effects pedals. Beat that.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members
I think the nay-sayers don't dig it because most of them boarded the rush-train at Moving Pictures, and it just dosen't reach the bar.

Well, I like HYF, but they have at least 20 albums that are better than it.

:wave:

HYF came out when I was in college and the lyrics to the title track were an inspiration to me as a young grad student pushing the bar really hard to excel in my classwork and my research. Also, I had found and fallen in love with the women who would become my wife (married now 18+ years and going strong), she also happens to be a Rush fan, and we went to the HYF concert together - not our first and definitely not our last concert but a great show. This an example of situational music that fits part of an individual's life story to the point where nostalgia weighs in heavily. It might not be the best of the best but it was there at the right place at the right time in my own personal history.

• Members
Finally I found someone who liked Vapor Trails.

That's one thing I can chalk up now, from my list of impossible quests.

btw, pretty much everybody I know who likes Rush, likes PW. Hold Your Fire, perhaps not so much... Vapor Trails? Nobody (until today...)

:facepalm:
:cop::cop::cop:

VT is their best f'ing record since MP, 'foo!!

Recognize!

Archived