NPD: vintage wah content

warioblast

• Members

csl1.jpg

csl2.jpg

Made by Colorsound. The throw is smaller than a crybaby. I didn't mess with the pot but so far, most of the action comes in the last part of the travel of the pot. It's sounds really close to a modded crybaby / vox, with a pronounced woh in the heel down position. More later. :wave:

• Members

i have the same thing but with the B&M brand and i think the throw is a big longer than the crybaby housing :idk:

circuit in mine is different though because sola sound seemed to have ran out of normal PCB's and put in one for a fuzz/wah instead but wired it up as a normal wah. sounds good though.

• Members

i have the same thing but with the B&M brand and i think the throw is a big longer than the crybaby housing
:idk:
circuit in mine is different though because sola sound seemed to have ran out of normal PCB's and put in one for a fuzz/wah instead but wired it up as a normal wah. sounds good though.

I measure 3.4 cm for the crybaby and 3.0 cm for the CSL.

• Members

i'm getting 4.6cm from the top of the inside of the shell to the top of the footswitch with my trusty tape measure. you sure yours is going all the way back? there's a round blob plugged into the metal that the heel rests on when it's all the way back. my maestro boomerang only goes approx 3.7cm.

• Members

I don't think I could go past 4 cm even without the bumper. In all cases, I'm afraid every cm I could win might be useless as long as I keep this pot in.

dunno if your pot is original! looks to be totally different to mine including the mechanical parts of it.

here's a photo of mine:

P1000609.jpg

either way, assuming this is the one that was on eBay recently, you got a great deal on a vintage colorsound!

Archived