NSD

Vince

• Members

AKA New Hi-fi Speaker Day!

IMG_0583.jpg

Just been given the above speakers by a good friend of mine (he helped me build my first guitar) as he wasn't using them!!! They are solid as a very solid thing - 12mm mdf with similar thickness solid walnut on the outer faces. 44" tall, and about 11" square!

They sound really nice and are rather imposing in our lounge, but my wife likes them so it's all good.

Is anyone else rocking a ridiculously over the top hifi set up?

• Members

Not necessarily "that" hi-fi. But i have some PSB bookshelf speakers + my marantz setup that absolutely dominates every setup i come across.

SO until i come across a sound system with a nicer fidelity than mine. I'm satisfied.

20w per channel, and loud as {censored}. super warm and crisp! mhhhmm to bad i have my phones on right now. I'd be listening through it.

What's your:

1. Table

2. Reciever

3. Power amp. If you have one for your table. (i'm drunk but those look like records in the back there. )

• Members

The little I've delved into hi-fi, the more I'm discovering that more money does not necessarily equal better sound. If you like what you've got, then great!

You are correct, those are records (most of them were my Dad's until he gave them to me along with his turntable).

The table is a Linn Sondek LP12 (again, Dad's from the mid 70's), which then goes into a Roksan Kandy Mk3 integrated amplifier (the only thing I've spent money on, and even then it was 2nd hand from eBay). I also run a Macbook pro into one of the other inputs in lieu of a CD player.

Not necessarily "that" hi-fi. But i have some PSB bookshelf speakers + my marantz setup that absolutely dominates every setup i come across.

SO until i come across a sound system with a nicer fidelity than mine. I'm satisfied.

20w per channel, and loud as {censored}. super warm and crisp! mhhhmm to bad i have my phones on right now. I'd be listening through it.

What's your:

1. Table

2. Reciever

3. Power amp. If you have one for your table. (i'm drunk but those look like records in the back there. )

• Members

Beats me. If you like the sound of them, then why not?!

I use my studio monitors for my turntable and ipod... are monitors uncouth in the hifi world? They're a pair of A7s, and I love em.

Archived