OT: Explosion in Oslo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Terrible news, and it's hard to understand why. Like someone from Oslo said when interviewed for a news show: "but - we're the good guys!?" I know plenty of people from Oslo, not to mention the fact that in the area where I live (on the western side of Sweden, quite close to the border) a good portion of the population commute weekly to work in Norway... I hope they are all ok. :cry:

• Members

I work in the Oslo centre and heard the explosion. The situation is chaotic, but the police seem to have everything in control. No idea how I can get home because public transport is halted.

is today (friday) or is it not a national holiday of some sort? the media is giving very conflicting reports on that, some saying it was emptier due to it being a vacation day, and some saying the opposite. could you reflect on this?

very sorry to hear about this, though i suppose we are lucky that the damage and number of casualties has been far less than it could have been. hope everyone is ok

• Members

This is currently on the Guardian website;

A man disguised as a police officer began shooting where prime minister Jens Stoltenberg was attending a Labour party conference at Utoya, Stoltenberg has just confirmed.

He said there is a 'critical and serious situation' where he is (but he is safe).

He was speaking on the phone to Norwegian TV station TV2.

• Members

{censored} all {censored}'d up... so far 2 dead and 15 injured..reports says there is more dead people inside the buildings..

and the shooting... I've heard there is 4-5 dead people:/

I'm about 3 hours away from Oslo, so I don't know anything more than what they tell on the news..

this is the worst event in norwegian history since World War 2..

• Members

I've just seen pictures of 30-40 young dead people around the island where the shooting happened.... dead bodies floating in the water:/

insane...

radio is saying 30 youngsters dead, but not confirmed, dear spaghetti monster this is horrible. Got a link where you read it ?

Archived