OT: I quit smoking...

El Parto

• Members

Cold turkey. This isn't the first time I've quit. I had quit for 4 years before hurricane Ike trashed my house. Sitting in a house with no power for 5 weeks (except for the generator) and drinking to pass the time combined to make for a perfect smoking environment, so I started up again.

I'm done paying ridiculous prices for a pack and I've decided to quit again. I expect to balloon up to around 250lbs. That is all.

• Members

Congratulations. Avoid weight gain by choosing things to substitute for smokes that burn energy - going for a walk - or are low energy - eating veges eg. celery or carrot, rather than eating burgers.

Quiting is the best thing you can do for your future health. Hard work but worthwhile.

Steve

• Members

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The last time I quit, I found out I was going to be a dad; so it was a good motivator to quit. I did it cold turkey then, too. I also ended up cutting out the junk food and soda and all of that crap- ended up losing almost 100 lbs. I'm sure I'm not going to gain it all back, but I know it will be a bit of a chore to get through the first week or so.

• Members

I quit smoking last week. doing the cold turkey thing.. got through the first few days by eating carrots and bananas intermittently.

I'm still a bit twitchy after a meal, and haven't been out drinking yet, but I think that's because I enjoy the habit of rolling the cigarette.

I haven started any kind of exercise regime, but I have cut out meat quite a lot.. from having it with virtually every meal (plus pasta/rice) vs mostly vegetarian diet. I feel a lot better for it, but have no intention of goon fully veggie. there's a lot of bacon sandwiches and lamb curries out there that need devouring.

Archived