Good octave down pedal?

Grantus

• Members

Well, I know that i'd never recommend a PS-5 to someone for this purpose. When I tried the 6, the lag was there and the octaves didn't sound that much cleaner.

I like the DOD Octoplus. It has a tone knob which is cool aside from it being -1 octave.

-2 octave is of no use to me really.

I need to try an octave multiplexor..

no lag with my ps-6 and it sounds clean to me, maybe guitar dependent (ie hum or single coils)

• Members

I have interest in responses here, too, and will add some things that may or may not pertain to your needs. I had an Octave Multiplexer (small box), which I really liked for single note bass sounds, and particularly liked for the 2 octaves down setting to get deep rumbling chords (with reverb). Sold that when I got a HOG, which did the same deep rumblings, only clearer. But I sold the HOG. Just got a Catalinbread Perseus, which does fuzz/octave down (and you can dial out the fuzz or octave). But it doesn't sound nearly as good as those EHX pedals on chords. So I'm looking for something that can do a similar 2 octave down sound that the HOG or Multiplexer can do. I also didn't like the volume drop on the Multiplexer with the 2 octave down setting. I was thinking about a POG 2, so wonder what you don't like about the POG for this sound.

• Members

no lag with my ps-6 and it sounds clean to me, maybe guitar dependent (ie hum or single coils)

Good to know. When I tried it, it was on a Boss easel in a music store so that could have played a part in the latency.

I should try one out by itself.

And yeah what is up with the Malekko Down? Sounds like the boys at Malekko like to smoke some good {censored} and take their tiiiiiiime.

• Members

If you are comfortable with a soldering iron, you can get octave down with a Jordan Bosstone.
Yeah I know its a fuzz.
But if you remove the clipping diodes it turns into more of an overdrive.
And change the input and output caps to 0.47uF or so you get an interesting octave down effect.

Archived