OT: Bisexual Pop Music for Children?

plaid_emu

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:love::love::love:

Dude you pretty much just happened to pick my fave new American actress of the last few years. Those green eyes...that cheeky grin...the fact that she actually has personality...

At the risk of turning this into KSSchan (gawd i feel dirty right now)...

Moar.jpg

• Members
While I'm ranting, it continues to astonish me the emphasis and fear America seems to place on sex when at the same time you can go buy a gun at frickin' K-mart.

Oh, come on... don't tell me you don't *enjoy* the moral panic that emerges!

helenlovejoyt630hy2.jpg

I read the song lyrics. Unlike Jill Sobule's earlier song, the song describes nothing more than cute slumber party gobblety gook. I actually got images of sparkly lip gloss and floating unicorns and the like while reading some lines. It's perfect for the marketing folks, though, because this will induce !!!MORAL PANIC!!! among stupider or ill-informed parents. ("OH NOEZ! LESBIANS!")

If anything, the more "offensive" song on that album is "If You Can Afford Me", which is perfect training for future gold-diggers. Oh, and "UR So Gay", which tries REALLY hard to assign the "GAY!" insult to a hipster indie emo type. And fails.

Katy Perry appears to be one of those fabled lambs of Sunday ham with sprayed on tans. A former failed CCM artist desperately trying to act like a young precious princess. At age 24. The reason not to buy the album is that she needs to grow up.

• Members

Katy Perry appears to be one of those fabled lambs of Sunday ham with sprayed on tans. A former failed CCM artist desperately trying to act like a young precious princess. At age 24. The reason not to buy the album is that she needs to grow up.

Well said. She is getting extra mileage out of the fact both her parents are pastors, and she isn't behaving like her siblings or her parents would pray. Based on interviews I have seen, she is in awe that Madonna has her on her Ipod. (is that a milestone or what?) She loves the attention and limelight, ("I'm afraid I'm going to turn into a lesbian after this tour is over.") and really doesn't have a clue other than she is happy to have sold lots of units after a failed Kate Hudson CCM record.

• Members

Why is it ok for straight children to express their sexuality buy having crushes and innocent kisses, but not gay or bisexual kids?

A large part of the population is bisexual to some extent, which is mostly repressed in society. As out society becomes more liberated you'll start seeing more stuff like this, there's nothing wrong with it, as long as it's not adults making kids do these things.

Archived