I think I'm done buying/trading music gear online... advice/thoughts?

CiceroTJones

• Members

To start off, before 2 weeks ago, I have NEVER had a bad deal on HC, TGP, AGF, etc.

-2 Weeks ago I bought a Les Paul R8 that I had saved money for 2 years to buy.

It came in with a broken truss rod and a fairly unresponsive seller. Still trying to get that worked out.

-Yesterday I received an El Cap in the mail that I had traded a couple pedals for and the Time knob spins 360 and the Tap Tempo doesn't work. Again, pretty unresponsive seller and trying to get it worked out.

Maybe times are changing and people's words aren't as good as they used to be?

Maybe I got 2 raw deals and they are isolated incidents?

Anyone having trouble lately with douche sellers/traders?

• Members

I haven't had trouble with anyone on here really, but I NEED to stop buying and selling gear, it's becoming a problem haha.

As far as the El Cap goes, email Strymon. When I had a blue Sky the bypass and favorite button lagged and I sent it back and they fixed it as well as payed shipping both ways. Great customer service :thu:

• Members

I, too, am done with this site.

but luckily for me all of my online transactions on here and ebay have been real smooth, even shipping out stuff for people on CL, never had a problem. im sure there are enough rotten apples out there though. hopefully you get it all sorted out.

oh, i just bought an 'iRig' off ebay for 17 bucks to use with my newly acquired garageband on iphone...a few days after i got the email that it was shipped i get an email from eBay saying that this item i bought has been marked as counterfeit and so on...well obviously a cheap irig on ebay from china isnt going to be real...

oh, and i'd like to say that the amp models on garageband actually are quite good imo :thu:

so it came in the mail finally the other day and works great :idk: not even going to bother with getting a refund or anything

• Members

I haven't had trouble with anyone on here really, but I NEED to stop buying and selling gear, it's becoming a problem haha.

As far as the El Cap goes, email Strymon. When I had a blue Sky the bypass and favorite button lagged and I sent it back and they fixed it as well as payed shipping both ways. Great customer service
:thu:

Agreed.

I did have one guy completely rip me off a few months ago (meandthecity - don't do business with him!) and have tried to contact him numerous times to no avail but other than that it's been smooth. I try to deal with regulars when possible and if not I politely request the other person ship first on most trades with new people.

Strymon should be able to take care of that El Cap though.

Hope it all works out for you.

Archived