Anyone play a Traynor YGA-1?

Loobs

• Members

he also bought a LP clopy because thats what Fripp would have done

I would never qualify a JTM45 as "high headroom"
:idk:

I agree, the comparison to the JTM-45 is the preamp circuit I believe. the YBA-1 has lots of headroom due to their huge Hammond transformers. they're not a copy but they're partially based on the JTM-45

• Members

I have a YBA-1A and a YGL-3A.....both WONDERFUL amps.

Built like tanks, sound really good......work for both guitar and bass. (although, I've never had much luck with either at band volumes with bass....but we were a loud stoner metal :o)

The prices on the YBA-1A have jumped up substantially.....some of the other models aren't as desirable to most.....but still have crept up in price......just the vintage factor I assume.

My YGL came with the original Phillips tubes, and tested okay still. :eek:

I've been tempted to sell them a few times.......tried a few times......but always end up keeping them after I play them again.

• Members

So u write off the Albini Aluminum guitar thing because it's to " popular" yet now you want the amp that everyone on his forum owns / or has owned?

My buddy Ryan has the YBA-1 and it is {censored}ing incredible.

Everyone? Far more people own Dr. Z or Strymon or Pharoahs.

• Members

Loobs and I are bros.

I think the Traynors are very popular with the EA crowd because they are relatively cheap, they are easy to mod / upkeep, and last but far from least they sound {censored}ing great.

they are real beasts that sound great and I love the fact that they have the best of fender and marshall (trem/reverb). Great workhorses for gigging!

• Members

I'd encourage you to expand your search to include the YRM-1. I have one and it's great.

yup, there's also the YSR-1 Custom Reverb

bottom left and right (with missing logos) are YSR-1's, great amps. I live in the land of Traynor so I find them cheap and can't help muhself. they're not as cheap as they use to be though.

traynors.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived