WHAT'S WITH ALL THE CRATE LATELY?

RadioSilence

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My buddy has a Crate 4x12. It had tiny magnet pos speakers in it. I helped him take them out and put in some Emi Govs. Now it sounds like a crate 4x12 with good speakers. I keep telling him to take the damn name plate off and it will sound better but he hasn't yet.

I'm gonna catch sh*t for this but the BV 412's are decent cabs- especially the V30 equipped ones. The one I have is better constructed than any Marshall 1960A that I have owned. I left the Crate badge on the front so people get a surprise when they hear it.

• Members

lol, I didn't want to drag my blues junior to my house's office where I recorded this song, so the bass and all the guitars were through a Crate XT10 (AKA worst amp ever). Not to mention the bass was a Squier Affinity P Bass with awful action, and the guitar was a stock Agile S-2000 with awful action. And this sound picked up with a Rock Band mic into Audacity :lol: there's no reason it should sound remotely acceptable.

http://soundcloud.com/ilovemyfender1/4-while-im-still-famous

• Members

they had a line of tube amps called the vintage club (?) that were pretty cool amps for blues and older rock.

i had the 3x10 vintage club (50 i think). that amp was amazing until it lived through a winter in a {censored}ty storage space practice room.

Archived