NPD: Tweak Fuzz $40 New!!

richey888

• Members

My mother-in-law gave me a GC gift card and I used it to get theSD Tweak Fuzz. Ok, it isn't a super-whoopee boutique, but sounds pretty good to my old ears. Gotta crank it but on the last 2 fuzz modes it has a very cool velcro ripping thing going on. Cleans up nice too. Woot!

Anyone else get one on the cheap? Frankly there were a few good deals on blowout pedals. Ibby Jet destortion $67, other SD pedals, MXR Classic Dist and OD for $20 I think.....get down there and check it out!

• Members

I was thinking about picking up a Tweak Fuzz.

I have messed around with one in the past and it never really grabbed me, but I also feel like I didn't spend as much time dialing it in as I could have,

There were definitely some usable sounds in it, but nothing that made me really take notice and say "I have to have this pedal".

I don't know - for $40 I might give it another shot.

• Members

Well, I just found out that the "volume drop" was a deliberate design for this pedal. This is what Seymour Duncan states about this "volume drop" that many think it was a flaw in the manufacturing.

Why doesn't the Tweak Fuzz boost my sound louder than my clean tone? - Seymour Duncan Everything Else

The Tweak Fuzz is a tone shaper, not a tone booster. The Tweak Fuzz design is based on a truly vintage circuit like the old Fuzz Face pedal. Depending on your set-up,
you may find that to achieve a proper balance between your clean tone and your fuzz tone, you have to turn the Tweak Fuzz volume almost all the way up.
This is normal for just about any type of vintage fuzz pedal. Additionally, since fuzz pedals have such an extreme amount of distortion, they tend to have a very compressed, dark sound. So if you are using a bright clean tone, and then kick in the Tweak Fuzz with the gain cranked up, it is likely that you will need to set the Tweak Fuzz volume rather high in order to avoid losing overall volume when the pedal is engaged

Archived