Sometimes I feel like I'm not fully using a pedal...

OMTerria

• Members

I get the same with delay time. If I'm not maxing out the delay pedal's delay time I feel like I'm not using valuable seconds that I paid for. I have a DD-20 because it has the highest (23!) seconds to cost ratio.

I like having fun with long delay times but I've never maxed out the DD-20 :lol:

Some of my stuff: The Hardwire OD sounds good throughout its gain range, but I generally have the gain all the way up because I bought it and why shouldn't I? The same sort of thing is going on with my new Custom Comp, but I'm fighting that one more because the more subtle settings do sound better to my ears

• Members

Man, I'm pretty neurotic about gear, but apparently less neurotic than you.

I mean, I smell what you're stepping in, but I have not felt that way, at least not because the settings are numerically low. Usually I'll get a pedal, and have it set very subtly, but then , after a few practices/shows, I get used to it and want a more noticable change when I click it on, so the settings get more intense until I find that perfect spot. Usually it's still pretty far from maxed out though.

• Members

get one, crank up every knob and get back to me

Will do. It's pretty much between that and a Frostbite. Not sure which to gun for right now. Especially since I want a more versatile phase or envelope filter first.

Mod pedals will seriously be the death of me.

• Members

Man, I'm pretty neurotic about gear, but apparently less neurotic than you.

I mean, I smell what you're stepping in, but I have not felt that way, at least not because the settings are numerically low. Usually I'll get a pedal, and have it set very subtly, but then , after a few practices/shows, I get used to it and want a more noticable change when I click it on, so the settings get more intense until I find that perfect spot. Usually it's still pretty far from maxed out though.

Haha fair enough. I'm pretty OCD though so I guess it makes sense

Archived