HD500 or GT100

Airguitargb

• Members

OK

I have an XT Live and have had it for 5 years, the wah/vol ped is shagged and I fancy a new one, do I get and HD 500 or look at GT100. Cant find much info on GT100 other than the 1 video from Boss.

How long is the phrase looper?

Can you download premaid user patches from a website like you can ona POD.

I play in a cover band and like downloading patches if any good then tweaking them to suit me rather than starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance

• Members

Damn man we live in the same town, what's the chances :wave:

Dunno about the GT100, it was only announced yesterday and they're still on pre-order so haven't even hit the shops yet.

The HD500 seems pretty solid, it has all the new Line 6 M series effects which sound decent. It has pretty much the same looper setup as the M13/M9 but with 48 seconds of loop time with all the basics such as undo, redo and funky stuff like half time and reverse, works really well on the fly.

They're the same price so maybe wait until the Boss pedal drops to get an idea of which is better, if your used to Line 6 PODs I reckon you'd be happy with the HD500 though.

• Members

I was pondering selling my GT-10 and getting a HD500...but now I have to wait n see what this GT-100 is gonna be like - I've owned the Boss ME-5, GT-5,6,8 and 10.Roland VG8EX, and also the Tonelabs SE and LE, and the Pod XT Live. All were good in their own ways, but I do have quite a soft spot for the GT series...so I think thats were my next GAS money is gonna go..but i'll wait then A/B it vs the HD500. I'd hate to get a HD500 now and then try the GT-100 out in a week or 3 and regret it!

Oh and there are 2 videos in my GT-100 thread!

Archived