decent pedalberd flight case

RoboPimp

• Members

I run a case kinda like that:

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN1576.jpg

Once, at a show in Dayton, I took off the lid to find the ultimate disaster zone. They had all come undone and gotten tangled. I've been pretty careful since then. Always pack it up laying flat as opposed to on it's side, but a road case you hafta be careful with is deceptive. I am incredibly nervous since adding a wah. I covered every inch of it in velcro (and I even give the carpeting inside hair cuts with clippers after moving pedals,, AND I vacuum it out frequently). But I still worry. The problem is that with the pedals mounted to the case itself, the velcro is what absorbs the shock.

I've been thinking about lining the lid with foam, but then I worry it will {censored} with my settings.

So yeah, those cases are solid, and a hell of a lot cheaper than a PT, but you gotts take some extra precautionary measures.

• Members

I run a case kinda like that:

Once, at a show in Dayton, I took off the lid to find the ultimate disaster zone. They had all come undone and gotten tangled. I've been pretty careful since then. Always pack it up laying flat as opposed to on it's side, but a road case you hafta be careful with is deceptive. I am incredibly nervous since adding a wah. I covered every inch of it in velcro (and I even give the carpeting inside hair cuts with clippers after moving pedals,, AND I vacuum it out frequently). But I still worry. The problem is that with the pedals mounted to the case itself, the velcro is what absorbs the shock.

I've been thinking about lining the lid with foam, but then I worry it will {censored} with my settings.

So yeah, those cases are solid, and a hell of a lot cheaper than a PT, but you gotts take some extra precautionary measures.

something that has also helped me with issues like this is to get an addition piece of thick foam that is the size of the entire inner dimensions of the case and lay it over the pedals, sandwiching it all together when you close it up. This kind of "forms" around the pedals and keeps them from moving around. It would be great if they threw in something like that.

• Members

something that has also helped me with issues like this is to get an addition piece of thick foam that is the size of the entire inner dimensions of the case and lay it over the pedals, sandwiching it all together when you close it up. This kind of "forms" around the pedals and keeps them from moving around. It would be great if they threw in something like that.

So you've done the foam thing then? Did you find that it {censored}ed with your settings?

• Members

Is that a normal thing, people not remembering their settings?

My bassist has had his head for 4 years and he always cries or knows if someone moved his settings

Wtf

I mean, I've got a rough idea of all my settings, but they're constantly evolving, and a couple are really sensitive, and sometimes we're in a hurry when setting up. (As you may recall I'm a big time nazi... well not a bigtime nazi, but a nazi about my own setup/teardown time).

That and sometimes when hurrying I'll forget to check a pedal or two and then when it's time, they're wrong. Maybe I was making space noise while high on shrubs and left the repeats at max on my 616 or the rate atw up on my phaser... these things happen. Not the end of the world, but thought it was worth an inquiry.

Either way, I'm pretty set on a foam slab.

Anyone have any idea what a 15" x 25" x 4" piece might run me?

• Members

have similar case, and for a gig i pack all my cables and stuff above my pedals, which stops them moving.

first thing in a sound check once i'm plugged in and the amp is running, is checking all the settings of my pedals.

mostly its just a quick check, does it power up, how does it sound. delay time is always off and dirt pedals need to be aligned volume wise.

it takes me just a minute or less with 10+ pedals

Archived