Small Stone Color Switch

• Members

Blakemore Effects phaser in the works? I AM EXCITED!

Thanks! While I appreciate that, a phaser would still be quite a ways out. I've still never even built a phaser before. I need to see what I can do with it before I decide to build/sell it. I don't wanna just make a Small Stone clone. I've gotta bring something new to the table. :lol:

• Members

dual phaser? switchable between parallel and series
:idk:
(just the term 'biphase' would be a marketing dream!)

Ooooooohhh. I love where your head is at! I'll have to see when I design the PCB how small I can get it. If I can get it small enough, I could offer a normal phaser, and a Bi-Phase and just use two boards in one enclosure. I don't know what the odds of that are, but I'm intrigued by the possibility! Can't wait to start playing around with this circuit though.

• Members

I think there's a mod that replaces the color switch with a Pot for all those valuable "in between" tones. I only know of it from a scan of a 70s newsletter thing I got off of Amp*ge. (Amp*ge link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12) It doesn't reference the schematic at all and just says something like "replace the blue wire going to the lug of the switch that has the capacitor connected to it..." that is totally useless you have that exact version of the small stone from whenever in the 70s :lol:

• Members

Ooooooohhh. I love where your head is at! I'll have to see when I design the PCB how small I can get it. If I can get it small enough, I could offer a normal phaser, and a Bi-Phase and just use two boards in one enclosure. I don't know what the odds of that are, but I'm intrigued by the possibility! Can't wait to start playing around with this circuit though.

That would be cool yeah! Also if the dual phaser has the parallel/series switch you could describe it as 'The phaser that goes both ways'. Geddit?! :badump::lol:

but seriously, if there's anything like step filtering (can this be done non-digitally?) or expression jack to control rate or maybe a blend between the two phaser settings that would be pretty fantastic.

(But the overriding factor would be that it has the OTA small stone sound.)

• Members

Thanks! While I appreciate that, a phaser would still be quite a ways out. I've still never even built a phaser before. I need to see what I can do with it before I decide to build/sell it. I don't wanna just make a Small Stone clone. I've gotta bring something new to the table.
:lol:

How about a second foot switch to freeze the phase sweep. And feedback and blend knobs too.

Archived