Tickets from a tout?

Loobs

• Members

Bad idea? Desperate to see Mastodon/DEP/Red Fang tonight, can't find tickets anywhere. None on gumtree, nothing through last.fm

The last experience I have with touts was when I was about 15 going to see Deftones, my friend not having a ticket, paying 80 quid for one getting to the door and having the (fake) ticket ripped up in front of him. The kicker was that he thought they were sold out, but they were selling them at the door for face value. Follies of youth. I'm willing to pay more than face value for tonight's show but I reallllly don't want to get sold a fake. You guys ever buy from a tout?

• Members

Never bought from a tout but I've asked around outside a gig if anyone had a spare ticket to sell me, was fine both times and never got asked to pay more than face value, there's always people who by tickets for friends that don't turn up and that kind of thing and most people would rather sell them to another fan than a tout.

• Members

I refuse to get tickets from touts... hate the guys, that said... the last two gigs I wanted to see and were sold out (PJ harvey and Macca) I just popped at the door and waited a bit and ended up buying tickets from honest guys (friend couldnt make and the other got ditched by his date).

Paid face value for PJ and paid 1/4 of the price for Macca.

good luck, wear something warm.

Archived