Sam Ash used

reverberlayed

• Members

Even on a 23" monitor, it's hard to see the vibrato plate location, but the "Made In Mexico" bit is the dead give-away.... no '62 RI is made down there - only the Classic Players. It's not an AVRI.

If you click on the pic to zoom in, it's plain as day.

I think OP was saying that the MIM part was suspect since they were also calling it a '62 RI.

Either way, like you, I'm pretty confident the '62 RI part is the part they got wrong.

• Members

If you click on the pic to zoom in, it's plain as day.

I think OP was saying that the MIM part was suspect since they were also calling it a '62 RI.

Either way, like you, I'm pretty confident the '62 RI part is the part they got wrong.

I was pretty sure the '62 RI part was the wrong part. I mean, it says MIM somewhere on the guitar I'm sure.

My point was that obviously it can't be both MIM and a '62 RI but could almost as easily be listed incorrectly

MIM or '62 because they clearly missed the distinction between them.

• Members

Definitely a CP. The second picture of the back shows text on the back of the headstock, which would only be on a Classic Player. A '62 AVRI would have the serial number on the neck plate and no text on the back of the headstock and a Japanese-made JM would have text on the back of the neck near the body.

Archived