Opinions on this "Vintage" brand 12 string 335 guitar?

Kid_A

• Members

go play one...if the shop can get it set up so it intonates, and the neck fits your hands, then you are golden.

If not, then it is piss....oh wait, that means something else in scouse....

Anyway, they may be ok.

Odd...I find it odd that jhs would reference a not-particularly flattering review for that guitar.

Is that the best they could do? Can't they just pay off a US online reviewer, like all the rest of the big name builders?

• Members

I've messed about with Vintage-brand guitars here in Seoul, and have found them to be pleasantly "meh" all around, which usually translates into decent construction and passable finish, with blah pickups.

The review's pessimistic view the bridge might as well be applied to Rickenbackers as well, since individual-saddle TOM bridges are not only as rare as hen's teeth, but the lack of such are actually part of a 12-string's "chorus-like" charm...Safely so up to the 7th fret or so, of course. I wouldn't have my Ric 360/12 without the 6 saddle, really. That being said, the the amazing 12-saddle ones ABR used to make would easily fix things if needed, but they don't seem to be in production any more.

• Members

i'm getting a Vintage brand SG soon. it's not the same model, but at least i can give you first-hand experience on the quality of their instruments.

I have a Vintage SG... basically it's a little nicer than the Epi SG and a little cheaper than the Epi SG. .. so in that respect it's a winner.

• Members

I have a Vintage SG... basically it's a little nicer than the Epi SG and a little cheaper than the Epi SG. .. so in that respect it's a winner.

Interesting... I really didnt like the Epi SGs... but I have always associated "Vintage" with terrible guitars due to trying one about 8 years ago... good to know they have changed.

• Members

It's black, 12 String, in the cash converters on Glossop Rd, Sheffield. It's not listed on their site, but you could give them a call.

Also - I know their site says out of stock, but Richtone in Sheffield had a black one hanging on the wall a couple of weeks ago, also 12 string.

• Members

cool. the neck on them is more Gibson-like, isn't it?

i hated the Epi Standard G-400's baseball bat necks, and i like big necks... but those just plain sucked.

what about electronics?

• Members

It's black, 12 String, in the cash converters on Glossop Rd, Sheffield. It's not listed on their site, but you could give them a call.

Also - I know their site says out of stock, but Richtone in Sheffield had a black one hanging on the wall a couple of weeks ago, also 12 string.

Why on earth did I think you were in London?! :lol:

Cheers man! How do you find the Tokais?

• Members

cool. the neck on them is more Gibson-like, isn't it?

i hated the Epi Standard G-400's baseball bat necks, and i like big necks... but those just plain sucked.

what about electronics?

Not has much experience with Gibsons but the neck is far from fat, it's a little wider at the nut than a typical fender but it's quite shallow.

electronics and hardware are ok, the newest ones have all Wilkinson parts which are far better than standard epi pups/bridge etc. There's still room to upgrade more if you wanted but it's more than playable as it is and it sounds decent.

Archived