Special flex cables from Cioks.

n!k

• Members

You're paying for an electronic circuit built into the cable. Its a bit more going on than just some wire and plugs. You're also buying a specialty product from a European manufacturer so the prices will be higher. Cioks stuff is higher quality than Voodoo Labs though so thats a plus.

• Members

I use to on my board, which gives me the ability to be able to power more pedals, as a standard parallel cable requires 2 taps. Keep in mind, the Booster Flex cable is only goo for 50mA or less, so digital pedals are out of the mix. When using the Booster Flex, you are doubling the voltage and thereby also increasing the mA. If not properly used, you can fry the Booster Flex.

• Members

The right-angle thing kind of bugs me. It make my OCD take up more room than it should...ah what a first-world problem....

I understand your dilemma, I replaced the straight barrel connector w/ a right angle plug. I needed a right angle 2.1mm barrel connector on one and a right angle 1/8" plug (.355mm) on another. Just make sure that if you do this, the zip cord cable, the white stripped cord is positive.

Archived