Hey Travis...

• Members

I saw this in the spam thread. What's the deal with it? Did you have it installed in something? How did it sound? Those kind of intrigue me, and I am wondering if they can be modded for installation into a Pro Jet (original version).

IMG_0558.JPG

I had it in the neck of my Tele, but since I'm converting it into a Tele custom I don't really need it anymore.

Sounds good, but it was a bit louder than I expected, I had a hard time balancing it with my bridge pick up (vintage voiced, Alnico tele bridge)

Heres te GFS site for it

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Liverpool-Minitron-Humbucker--Alnico-neck-position-_p_1943.html

Compared to the GFS description, I'd say it's a bit less 'kerrangy' than they describe it, I found it pretty smooth, with a nice bite. Kinda like kinder p90.

Aah, I see. If I went with those, I'd do the pair, so the balance shouldn't be an issue, but I'm more interested in the kerrangy mids and top; the slight crunch with the touch of barely brittle breakup... less smooth, more jangle - basically early to mid-60s Brit pop / powerpop type sounds.

Thanks for your help!

If anyone knows if they'll fit into a Pro Jet, or if you know about anyone who's done it, please post and let us know - thanks! :wave:

• Members

Aah, I see. If I went with those, I'd do the pair, so the balance shouldn't be an issue, but I'm more interested in the kerrangy mids and top; the slight crunch with the touch of barely brittle breakup... less smooth, more jangle - basically early to mid-60s Brit pop / powerpop type sounds.

Thanks for your help!

If anyone knows if they'll fit into a Pro Jet, or if you know about anyone who's done it, please post and let us know - thanks!
:wave:

If I'm thinking of the right Pro Jet, you're going to want the surface mounts near the end of the page.

NYII and IIIs

http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Retrotron-Series_c_99.html

Archived