Toneczar Powerglide

Aristotle

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

I was reading over on TGP and some posters said that it can't get all that extreme with the depth? Is that just TGP nonsense or does the depth really not go that deep? Also, it's my understanding that the speed pots work in a unique way; that as the speed knob is increased the precision is decreased, meaning that the change in speed from 9 to 11 o'clock is not as great as the change from 3 to 5 o'clock. Is that true? And if so, is it difficult to set high trem speeds?

I've had one for 4 years now. Still haven't found a good reason to get rid of it. It will do very deep, full off (pass no signal at all for more than a second) plus a big volume boost. If anything it's almost TOO deep, for the subtle tremolo that I like, I keep the mix real low, 8 or 9 o'clock or less. I mostly use the brown and black modes, rarely the chop (square) mode. Speed wise, at 12 o'clock it's only doing around 65bpm, 250+bpm comes on at around 2:30 on mine. So the usable range on the speed control may be different for different people; I use mine just below 12 o'clock on speed 1 and around 3 o'clock on speed 2 most of the time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

I was reading over on TGP and some posters said that it can't get all that extreme with the depth? Is that just TGP nonsense or does the depth really not go that deep? Also, it's my understanding that the speed pots work in a unique way; that as the speed knob is increased the precision is decreased, meaning that the change in speed from 9 to 11 o'clock is not as great as the change from 3 to 5 o'clock. Is that true? And if so, is it difficult to set high trem speeds?

I've had one for 4 years now. Still haven't found a good reason to get rid of it. It will do very deep, full off (pass no signal at all for more than a second) plus a big volume boost. If anything it's almost TOO deep, for the subtle tremolo that I like, I keep the mix real low, 8 or 9 o'clock or less. I mostly use the brown and black modes, rarely the chop (square) mode. Speed wise, at 12 o'clock it's only doing around 65bpm, 250+bpm comes on at around 2:30 on mine. So the usable range on the speed control may be different for different people; I use mine just below 12 o'clock on speed 1 and around 3 o'clock on speed 2 most of the time.

• 6 months later...

Archived