Toneczar Powerglide

Aristotle

• Members

Trem isn't really my thing but I loved the Powerglide I had, only got rid of it due to a crazy offer, and not being a big user of trem. Have had the Semaphore, Empress, Diamond, TR-2, and now the VFE Old School, the VFE is doing me just fine, but am on the list for another Powerglide.

The Powerglide just has something that just made me want to play it, best Trem I have played, though I am a huge Toneczar fan currently have the Dove, Vault and Openhaus and I am amazed everytime I plug in.

• Members

Trem isn't really my thing but I loved the Powerglide I had, only got rid of it due to a crazy offer, and not being a big user of trem. Have had the Semaphore, Empress, Diamond, TR-2, and now the VFE Old School, the VFE is doing me just fine, but am on the list for another Powerglide.

The Powerglide just has something that just made me want to play it, best Trem I have played, though I am a huge Toneczar fan currently have the Dove, Vault and Openhaus and I am amazed everytime I plug in.

• Members

i had one years ago... bought it directly... no waiting list then.... i have a goatkeeper and boss pn-2 now.. and had a 3ms tremulus lune.... the powerglide is a great pedal... warm sounding/well balanced pedal... every setting is useable... fast/slow... fluently "gliding" fom one side to the other....

• Members

i had one years ago... bought it directly... no waiting list then.... i have a goatkeeper and boss pn-2 now.. and had a 3ms tremulus lune.... the powerglide is a great pedal... warm sounding/well balanced pedal... every setting is useable... fast/slow... fluently "gliding" fom one side to the other....

• Members

I was reading over on TGP and some posters said that it can't get all that extreme with the depth? Is that just TGP nonsense or does the depth really not go that deep? Also, it's my understanding that the speed pots work in a unique way; that as the speed knob is increased the precision is decreased, meaning that the change in speed from 9 to 11 o'clock is not as great as the change from 3 to 5 o'clock. Is that true? And if so, is it difficult to set high trem speeds?

@Digital: Why'd you end up letting it go? Did you just want the pattern control and tap tempo of the goatkeeper? Or was there something about the Powerglide that began to bug you?

• Members

I was reading over on TGP and some posters said that it can't get all that extreme with the depth? Is that just TGP nonsense or does the depth really not go that deep? Also, it's my understanding that the speed pots work in a unique way; that as the speed knob is increased the precision is decreased, meaning that the change in speed from 9 to 11 o'clock is not as great as the change from 3 to 5 o'clock. Is that true? And if so, is it difficult to set high trem speeds?

@Digital: Why'd you end up letting it go? Did you just want the pattern control and tap tempo of the goatkeeper? Or was there something about the Powerglide that began to bug you?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
What didn't you like about it, Cisco?
It's a great pedal.......just not at that price.
The GK is just as pricey.....liked it more. Still wouldn't drop that much on it.
I can get 99% of what I want out of a trem pedal with the old standards and the current offerings from other small makers at a third of the cost.

That's based on what I do and what I need and my own opinions/experiences, of course.

• Members
What didn't you like about it, Cisco?
It's a great pedal.......just not at that price.
The GK is just as pricey.....liked it more. Still wouldn't drop that much on it.
I can get 99% of what I want out of a trem pedal with the old standards and the current offerings from other small makers at a third of the cost.

That's based on what I do and what I need and my own opinions/experiences, of course.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
I was disappointed with this pedal. Cisco was right.
Good to know. Thanks.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by tri99er View Post
Trem isn't really my thing .... Have had the Semaphore, Empress, Diamond, TR-2, and now the VFE Old School, the VFE is doing me just fine, but am on the list for another Powerglide.
...only on HCFX...

• Members
I was disappointed with this pedal. Cisco was right.
Good to know. Thanks.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by tri99er View Post
Trem isn't really my thing .... Have had the Semaphore, Empress, Diamond, TR-2, and now the VFE Old School, the VFE is doing me just fine, but am on the list for another Powerglide.
...only on HCFX...

Archived