Recommend an overdrive pedal for me - Thorogoodish - 175 pafs to vint Gibson Falcon

Goldenvoice

• Members
The Fn5 is 'grainier' and higher gain than the HBOD (at least it is compared my my old version HBOD which are apparently darker sounding than the new Bearfoot versions) and has more compression to it. I run my Falcon pretty much cranked, so the HBOD works better for me through this amp because it retains some string to string clarity. If I was running a 'blackface' style amp that had less mids happening I'd want the Fn5 to add some harmonic content.

They aren't really that far apart in terms of their basic EQing - its the way they break up that separates them IMO.

that's what i like about erksin, never afraid to tell the truth about a pedal, even if it means missing out on a sale. :thu:

• Members

that's what i like about erksin, never afraid to tell the truth about a pedal, even if it means missing out on a sale.
:thu:

Not everything we make works for 100% of the players out there (Heliotrope anyone? lol) - and we're cool with that. I have all sorts of makers on my personal board (including CB stuff) because I use the best tool I can find for the job. If I think our stuff would be the best choice for a given scenario I'll say so. If it isn't I won't. Doesn't really do my reputation much good to talk somebody into a pedal that they won't be happy using. It's the unsatisfied customers that usually do all the talking.

• Members

I'm really thinking pull trigger on a '5'. Mid-sized clubs and up, I'm sportin' the Fender anyway - it's the tight restaurant type stuff that gets the little Gibson amp. And I don't play real loud - I need the 'wall of grit' with the little Gibson on 3 or 4...

Ever try doing a request (choke) of something like old time rock'n'roll (choke-again), even at low volume, without a little grit?
(things we do for tips)

Lunchtime gig tomorrow at Intel - will I get snowed out???

Archived