Boss PS-2 for $60, should I hit it?

Strat87

• Members

I always hear how awesome the PS-3 is and see a fair amount of PS-5s and PS-6s out there, how does the PS-2 rate? There's one locally for $60 which seems like a great price. Is there something super cool about this pedal? FWIW I already have a POG2 so I'm not in desperate need of something to do octave stuff.

:idk:

• Members

It's nothing like a PS-3, PS-5, PS-6 or POG. If you buy it strictly for pitch shifting, you'll probably be disappointed. Think of it more as a nasty oscillating digital delay with some pitch shift capabilities. The pitch shift up is really sterile and fake sounding. If you use it, you want to use it subtly. It's mainly a weird noise machine, but we're talking ugly digital noise, not the warm oscillations you get with something like a DE7. It can do other stuff too, like weird swelling mini-pitch shifts. I really dig mine. It's a unique device and that price is very good. But just know what you're getting in to.

• Members

saw one for the same price today at guitar center, they also had an rv3 for the same price as well. the funny thing was they had a rc-20xl looper for $362, their pricing was bananas, I asked if it was a misprint, nope.

Archived