A Song of my band (Postrock/Screamo-kind of stuff)

Kimme

• Members

My band recorded an ep and the first song is ready :)

I have no idea how to put the soundcloud player in here so i just post the link:

http://soundcloud.com/jfkimmedy/intro-song1

Let me know what you think.

For those who care:

429498_333284766717689_320744894638343_9

Pedalboard used for the tracks.

Played into a Hiwatt Custom 50 (clean parts) and an Orange Rocker 30.

Guitars: Squier Telecaster and a guitar that a friend of my other guitar player build:

429043_331108720268627_320744894638343_9

Next to the Orange amp.

• Members

good ideas, when the first guitars kick in, I feel like the distorted guitars sound too thin and not heavy enough. Also, the cymbals are a bit over bearing the mix. The cymbal thing is still a bit overbearing when the vocals and the rest kicks in.

Def some great stuff there.

• Members

Sounds great dude! I hear where your going with the guitar tone and I think it sounds pretty good, but the drums are too overpowering they are squashing the guitars pretty hard. I like the musicianship and composition, and no offense but i like that it seems more post-rock then screamo, but the blend of the two is nice. Good job!

• Members

Sounds great dude! I hear where your going with the guitar tone and I think it sounds pretty good, but the drums are too overpowering they are squashing the guitars pretty hard. I like the musicianship and composition, and no offense but i like that it seems more post-rock then screamo, but the blend of the two is nice. Good job!

I just labeled it postrock/screamo, that some dudes who are into that kind of music take a look.

It's definitly more post-rock but in the end genres don't matter.

But thanks for the kind words :)

And yeah, i'm thinking about turning the drums a little bit down.

• Members

Just listened to it Kimme. Overall I think it's really good, but the drums are definitely too loud in the mix. Other than that it sounds good. End bit with the screams reminds me of Envy. I really like the end. Personally I could do with less of the long post-rock intro. But this is really solid stuff, good luck.

• Members

What happened to Goodnight Kiss?

I know it sounds {censored}ing lame but Aidan and I haven't seen each other in ages as we both but I specifically have been very busy.

I've been doing 60+ hour weeks and 24 hour weekends chasing a promotion and have barely had enough time to sleep let alone do anything creative.

I'm still game if he is, but it might have to be a really part time thing. It's a shame. I'll work it out somehow.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Sounds good but could sound great if the drums were recorded better (kill that cymbal madness for {censored}s sake) and the mix a tad different. Overall I am enjoying the tracks but seriously the cymbals just sound like someone is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHing all the time all over these tracks.

Archived