Pepbox Tour Review and vid

modeerf

• Members

Check out my review here...http://retrotonejunkie.blogspot.com/#!/2012/04/pepbox-tour.html

Please click on the pic to open the post.

AvqR282Gni0?hd=1

Due to youtube compression the video turned out really dark. It is best viewed in larger size with the HD setting. Otherwise parts of it don't come through.

Let me know your thoughts...Thanx to Ian, Jerms, Phillip, and everyone else who was involved in making this tourbox happen.

I spent a week with it and these are my findings...

• Members

AWESOME vid and blog.

Question though--maybe just because i'm watching on my iphone--but i don't seem to hear any Jerms "lead" fuzz? like there's a lot of empty space in the Jerms sections, where there's a lead line in the Ghost sections.

anyhow--amazing job. love the song too!

• Members

AWESOME vid and blog.

Question though--maybe just because i'm watching on my iphone--but i don't seem to hear any Jerms "lead" fuzz? like there's a lot of empty space in the Jerms sections, where there's a lead line in the Ghost sections.

anyhow--amazing job. love the song too!

The harmony lead at the beginning is the Jerms (the first pass is the ghost effects), also the quiet lead in the mid section. The trem break is the jerms as well as the (maybe not easily heard) trem in the end.

The only lead with the ghost effects is the first one and the main one. I tried to offset that by going into the quiet part with the Jerms. Kind of plays to their strengths, with the Jerms having better cleanup and the Ghost having more sustain.

I had them each on the heavy parts panned but decided to just use the Ghost because it would have been to hard to tell between them. It has a nice hard edge going from the Jerms to the Ghost when the heavier playing starts. You can hear the more scooped more aggressive quality of the Ghost within the contrast I think.

Thanks for checking it out...

Archived