iPad 1 users... have you upgraded to iOS5 yet?

Kid_A

• Members

I know some of you have been using the iPad for music apps on here, and im a HUGE fan since I bought it over a year ago.

But i cant seem to update my garageband to the latest version? I was wondering if that was to do with the fact im on iOS4 still? Have any of you upgraded and regretted it?

I have a 16gb jailbroken iPad 1, will that have any impact in upgrading to iOS5?

• Members

I have the first gen iPad. I'm on iOS5 and that is probably why you can't use the latest garageband (at least, that's the same way things seem to work with OSX Lion and the latest iLife for the mac). Unfortunately, my iPad had been lagging and instable with safari since upgrading to iOS4 and I was hoping that iOS5 would perhaps fix that. I believe it's a lack of RAM that causes it. I've seen only a very modest improvement in iOS5. however, i'm still enjoying it and the new features in the OS and garageband are worth it imo. I have no idea if the iPad being jailbroken would prevent it from being upgraded though. Interested to hear what happens, keep me posted.

• Members

Cheers for the reply Laura.

My iPad has been pretty stable on iOS4, surprised to hear your Safari was unstable. Hmmm.

To be honest, im really only using the iPad as an instrument, so the icloud, imessage etc are not really anything im interested in. Ive got an iphone and 2007 white macbook for all that stuff. I just dont want to upgrade and be left with a slow as {censored} pad... thats something that has been pissing me off for a few years now, Apple are quick to forget about their most recent technologies. Hence why I wont be upgrading my Macbook to LION.

• Members

I'm on 5....I need to update to 5.1.

Yes, the iOS is why you can't update garage band. I had a few thing I couldn't update until I upgraded to iOS. My Safari is still hella unstable....will just shut down for no reason sometimes.

Maybe 5.1 will fix it?

• Members

Cheers for the reply Laura.

My iPad has been pretty stable on iOS4, surprised to hear your Safari was unstable. Hmmm.

To be honest, im really only using the iPad as an instrument, so the icloud, imessage etc are not really anything im interested in. Ive got an iphone and 2007 white macbook for all that stuff. I just dont want to upgrade and be left with a slow as {censored} pad... thats something that has been pissing me off for a few years now, Apple are quick to forget about their most recent technologies. Hence why I wont be upgrading my Macbook to LION.

I'm on a early 2008 white macbook.. not sure of the differences between that and 2007, but Lion runs an absolute treat.

• Members
I'm on a early 2008 white macbook.. not sure of the differences between that and 2007, but Lion runs an absolute treat.

Really? I have a 2.2 Core 2 Duo macbook, and from what I have read online, it was terrible... :idk:

Did you do a clean install of Lion?

Archived