YEEEE HAAAAW! The wait is coming to an end!

Infi-del

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The pedal showed up yesterday. It's actually pretty impressive. It doesn't EXACTLY have the same tone as my V4 Big Muff but I'd give it a 95%. Considering my big muff is over 30 years old with all original parts that's pretty crazy. And it sounds way better than current Big Muffs IMHO. I would imagine there is some variance between even one V4 Muff to another so I would say this captures the tone of the Op-Amp Big Muff on the mark. Which is awesome seeing as how a lot of boutique muffs are interpretations of the original and don't sound quite like it. The tone of the Distortion II is dead on. I can't tell a difference anyway. It's warm, boomy, and bass heavy just like both of my MXR Distortion II pedals. This is an awesome pedal and worth every cent. Especially with the prices you see on some vintage pedals these days. Not to mention this is true bypass.

• Members

The pedal showed up yesterday. It's actually pretty impressive. It doesn't EXACTLY have the same tone as my V4 Big Muff but I'd give it a 95%. Considering my big muff is over 30 years old with all original parts that's pretty crazy. And it sounds way better than current Big Muffs IMHO.

I think a good, true-to-the-original-spec clones probably sound a little different because their components haven't degraded over time, and probably actually sound like an original would have done at the time. :idk:

Mike's pedals are great either way.

• Members

I think a good, true-to-the-original-spec clones probably sound a little different because their components haven't degraded over time, and probably actually sound like an original would have done at the time.
:idk:

Mike's pedals are great either way.

Yeah I think that's more than likely what the difference is. I'm sure my V4 doesn't sound like a V4 off the assembly line. Mike's probably sounds like my M4 30 years ago. But either way... I'm crazy about his work.

Archived