POG 2 vs EQD Organizer - Best Organ Donor?

• Members

I've owned both. I thought the Organizer did the organ sound better, but at least the POG2 could do other non-organ sorta sounds. Saying that, i don't own either anymore.

I personally didn't like the octaves sounds of the Organizer on their own, but together it sounded great. I just had no applications for that.

If you just want a pedal that can do organ sounds, then you'll probably like the Organizer.

• Members

I think it boils down to whether you want pristine octaves or wobbly octaves. Both have their uses but the POG2 is going to be a little more flexible overall. You can add warble with other pedals but you cant make a warbly pedal stable and solid sounding. Of course the EQD is a lot cheaper so if you want organ tones for less than $300+ its no question.

• Members

Have you compared it to the POG2?

FWIW I A/B'd the micro pog with my original big box pog, and tonally, they're exactly the same. However the micro, and the Pog2 only run at 9v, not 18v, and I was frustrated at not being able to crank up the lower octave.

• Members

Have you compared it to the POG2?

Yeah, I have the pog2 but If I could, I'd get the pog1. It works so well with overdriven amps. Run it in front of a marshall jmp and it sounds evil. I just find it retains a grittier sound but if you want dead clean pog sound, then the pog2 is better.

• Members

The original POG sounds better, but the ability to have presets and to run off 9v trumps the slight loss of mojo and tone in my book.

Presets really elevate the POG2 from one trick pony status to a truly usable device. If I could get a decent deal on an old POG, I'd buy one again, but it wouldn't knock the POG2 off my main board.

Archived