lotsa pedals and tap dancing....

• Members

f

This may be of interest to you.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2910949-NT%28otw%29D-New-Toy-%28on-the-way%29-Day

I have a similar issue. I have multiple pedals, a stereo rig, and want to switch channels and fx in/out without having to dance and mess with the flow.

That is pretty sweet! :eek:

Expensive, but really all you'd ever need with a board full of pedals.

I considered just a non-programable loop as well.....stepping on a few switches all in a row isn't as bad as stomping pedals all over a board.

• Members

When writing with the band, it doesn't really matter. But when the song is written, I plan some VERY carefully timed tap dance routines into what I'm playing. I don't have anything too crazy to do, but there are parts where I quickly need to hit three switches. I time them to be on the beat so as not to throw my playing off - usually the beat behind, the beat of the change, and the beat after the change (leave something like turning the delay off for the last tap so it naturally spills over anyway).

• Members

It's OK. Soon, very soon, you will no longer care, and will sell all that junk so you have more money for those prescription muscle relaxers. A-a-a-a-a-a-h-h-h-h.....

... Oh, and donuts... can't forget the do-o-o-o-nu-u-u-u-u-t-t-t-t-t-s-s-s-s...

• Members
f

That is pretty sweet!
:eek:

Expensive, but really all you'd ever need with a board full of pedals.

I considered just a non-programable loop as well.....stepping on a few switches all in a row isn't as bad as stomping pedals all over a board.

Considering the other options it's a bargain. Everything else that competes is over $400. Even the Carl Martin Octaswitch which is not midi-capable, and cannot be linked to multiple units if you wish to expand is $415.

• Members

For me, it got to the point where I was having the same problem. In reality, I've never played a gig that payed over $250 for a nights worth of music. This realization led me to buy a Pedaltrain Mini and just figure out how to make it work. I'm pretty sure (eg positive) I'm playing and sounding better because of it - but I must admit it was a (big) struggle at first.

• Members

Yeah, I'm up to a full PT 2 at this point. 9 effects and a tuner. I basically just take it into consideration when writing/deciding what to use. I try a few different things at practice, just make it work. Maybe that solo can do without the boost. Maybe that slow part just gets phase and no delay. :idk: If you simply must have everything perfect, then get a big fancy switcher. Seems every pic of a pedaltrain pro with pedals on it has one of those in the front row. I think it's the only way when you reach (or become physically unable to reach) a certain point.

Just have a plan of action at a show. Don't sit there thinking "hmm, reverb or analog delay? uh..." because then it's too late.

Archived