wraparound bridge for a Fender Tele-sonic?

mr benn

• Members

Ok so the bridge on my fender telesonic is worn out

(This one)

mini-DSC06853.JPG

The threads on the bass side are worn and the bridge height keeps slipping so it has to go

Can anyone suggest a good 9.5" radius bridge?

Most of the nice ones are 12" radius?

EDIT: I've found this one which looks good,but would it work?

http://www.schroederguitars.com/buy/guitar-parts/schroeder-stoptail-bridge

Schroeder_Stoptail_Bridge_sm.jpg

(sorry posted this already on the guit forum but those guys are useless!)

Cheers guys!

• Members

Yeah I had to get a new one, too, on my stratosonic. Same thing. The mounting posts are not very robust. I ended up getting a pigtail one which isn't the right radius, actually, but it does work. All you really need to do is to have someone who knows what they're doing file the saddles down a little bit on the outer 4 saddles obviously the most on the outer two and less on the two between them and the middle pair). If they use the proper radius gauge there's no reason it shouldn't end up working properly.

• Members

Yeah I had to get a new one, too, on my stratosonic. Same thing. The mounting posts are not very robust. I ended up getting a pigtail one which isn't the right radius, actually, but it does work. All you really need to do is to have someone who knows what they're doing file the saddles down a little bit on the outer 4 saddles obviously the most on the outer two and less on the two between them and the middle pair). If they use the proper radius gauge there's no reason it shouldn't end up working properly.

cool,I had seen the pigtail and tonepros but thought that the radius would be beyond adjustment by simply filing the slots down,I thought maybe that wouldn't work

how does the pigtail play?

The schroeder one says it can be adjusted to 10" radius which is pretty close to fenders 9.5" ??

• Members

cool,I had seen the pigtail and tonepros but thought that the radius would be beyond adjustment by simply filing the slots down,I thought maybe that wouldn't work

how does the pigtail play?

The schroeder one says it can be adjusted to 10" radius which is pretty close to fenders 9.5" ??

It plays pretty well. Could probably be slightly better if I radiused it properly. Really the difference between 12 and 9.5 isn't as huge as it seems like it would be.

10" radius would probably be plenty close.

Archived