Dominator vs ReezaFRATzitz v2?

• Members

Bros, just curious.

I had a Reeza v1 several years ago, and really liked it. What turned me off was the single tone control. I felt it really needed the extra tweakability.

Well, v2 has a low and high control.

I remember it having really aggressive mids, and a decent amount of gain without the fizzies.

What I'm looking for is something to pick up where the Riot leaves off: tight, modern-modded-Marshall high gain. More like what a ripping Mark 2C+ would be capable of.

I know the Dominator goes all the way up to djent territory no problem. But tonally, how do these two compare?

Which is tighter? Which has more low end? Which is the least fizzy? Which works best in a band context? Which is more versatile? Which has more of that modded-Marshall midrange, with the "scooped but not" krang in the low mids?

Dare I ask: which is the "most amp like"?

Also, is there a difference between the Grey and Red Dominators?

• Members

Hmm, your description of tone sounds exactly like what I generally go for. I've got a Mesa Stiletto Deuce Stage II which I love, the dirty channel is amazing, but recently I've started using a clone of a Barber Dirty Bomb through its clean channel and it's pretty fantastic.

It doesn't look as snazzy as the Reez or Okko, but damn if it doesn't have ridiculously awesome tone. You can dial the highs just right, and aside form the bass knob, there is an internal trimmer for sub bass which can add a {censored}ton of uber lows without mud. I usually run mine just shy of dimed.

:idk: Something to check out.

• Members

@notjonahbutnoah: The Dirty Bomb doesn't seem to have quite the snarly, aggressive mids I'm looking for. I have an LTD and Small Fry on my board so I'm 100% sold on the tonal awesomeness of Barber pedals! Just not entirely sure it has the right voicing.

@nitefly: That was my thought/worry. The thing is I'm not sure how metal I need things. Underoath or Lamb of God have tones I really dig, but I mean Underoath isn't really metal. Lamb of God is, but they're a lot more like 80s thrash than something like Meshuggah or Veil of Maya.

Pisdi was great but wayyyy to much like a 5150 for me.

• Members

@notjonahbutnoah: The Dirty Bomb doesn't seem to have quite the snarly, aggressive mids I'm looking for. I have an LTD and Small Fry on my board so I'm 100% sold on the tonal awesomeness of Barber pedals! Just not entirely sure it has the right voicing.

@nitefly: That was my thought/worry. The thing is I'm not sure how metal I need things. Underoath or Lamb of God have tones I really dig, but I mean Underoath isn't really metal. Lamb of God is, but they're a lot more like 80s thrash than something like Meshuggah or Veil of Maya.

Pisdi was great but wayyyy to much like a 5150 for me.

Word. Mids is definitely a nice knob to have. Been thinking of picking up a The Elements to see how it stacks up.

• Members

I don't if it's in any way helpful, but there's also a new high gain pedal by MI Audio...

megalith-delta.jpg

Seems to be quite versatile with treble/mid/bass controls, EQ shift + boost

[video=youtube;S-wP5J0e2hU]

Archived