NPD - HOG

• Members

The Freeze Gliss is worth the price of the pedal alone. Start by setting the Dry Output and all the octaves to zero, but set the "original" slider at max. Hopefully you have the EXP-1 with it ? Put a fuzz pedal after, and maybe some phaser, and you'll get one of my favorite shoegaze effects evar.

The filter section can be tricky. To keep the filter from effecting your tone too much, keep the frequency near 50% and the resonance at 0%.

The spectral gate sounds best to me when I set the higher pitch bands lower than the other bands.

I almost never use the last 4 octaves. That's my only gripe with the HOG. Those sliders seem like wasted opportunities for something much more useful.

• Members

I almost never use the last 4 octaves. That's my only gripe with the HOG. Those sliders seem like wasted opportunities for something much more useful.

Like, maybe Mode 2 function as Purcussion? ....that would help round out the B3 emulation.

• Members

The Freeze Gliss is worth the price of the pedal alone. Start by setting the Dry Output and all the octaves to zero, but set the "original" slider at max. Hopefully you have the EXP-1 with it ? Put a fuzz pedal after, and maybe some phaser, and you'll get one of my favorite shoegaze effects evar.

The filter section can be tricky. To keep the filter from effecting your tone too much, keep the frequency near 50% and the resonance at 0%.

The spectral gate sounds best to me when I set the higher pitch bands lower than the other bands.

Yeah I have an expression pedal. Im playing around with freeze gliss now but it's pretty damn tricky.

You're right the last few octaves are pretty useless. They sound way too tinny and useless

Thanks for the tips

• Members

Like, maybe Mode 2 function as Purcussion? ....that would help round out the B3 emulation.

Now that would be amaazing. A Percussion ctrl. on a pedal.

Attack just doesn't quite cut it. Can (should) it be produced using analog circuitry?

Never tried a HOG though I had the opportunity to just this past wed.

Archived