What are your DL4 presets?

• Members

I currently have a long/over the top delay for wild solos, a shorter delay (tape) for most things (the tap tempo comes in handy), and a reverse delay for weird/atmospheric stuff.

But I am thinking of changing it around a bit. What settings do you guys use?

• Members

Mine's still in pieces, I'm doing the 'double preset' mod...I'll get back to you when I can check my setting for the swell mode. It's rrrreally finicky, and really needs a compressor in front to be useable and musical...

• Members

Mine's still in pieces, I'm doing the 'double preset' mod...I'll get back to you when I can check my setting for the swell mode. It's rrrreally finicky, and really needs a compressor in front to be useable and musical...

I currently use a Boss CS-2 early on in my chain and that helps a number of the pedals actually. It has a really cool sound.

• Members

Well, not a DL-4, but I generally have three different delay presets on my M9:

* Tube Delay set to 310ms, low mix, high repeats for a "reverb" like sound that adds some atmosphere

* Analog w/mod set for 1/4 notes, with medium mix, and medium repeats for a more noticible delay

* Auto-Volume set with nearly max repeats, whole note tap, for ambiant, volume-swell stuff

• Members

Mine constantly change. I'm not married to any preset. My DL4 is on the board that I use when I don't know for sure what sounds I'll need, so I leave it flexible. Usually it's in loop mode and the expression knob on the side (drasp'd) controls the delay level, so I have a basic delay all the time controllable with the knob, and looper mode available on tap.

• Members

I currently use a Boss CS-2 early on in my chain and that helps a number of the pedals actually. It has a really cool sound.

Yeah exactly. I've got a CS-3 first in the chain, after my vol pedal and tuner. If I'm using my fuzz factory I have to put it before the compressor, but apart from that most of my other dirt peds seem to 'tighten up' with the CS-3 in front of it, and I get a rounder more focused tone when it using it before delay/verb/chrous too...

But I'm derailing the thread, srry, back to the DL-4...

Slow volume, sweep delay, and lo res are my presets, and I sometimes mess with the looper too. Got an RC-2 for that now though, and two boss delay peds to take care of a couple other sounds (straight forward digital delay, reverse,..). I hate tweaking settings on stage or even flipping knobbies..Being lazy is a great excuse to buy more toys:)

Archived