Any of you guys know of 'Good Time' Charlie Nagatani?

ambient

• Members

I met him a few weeks ago at his country music bar here in Kumamoto. I knew he was somewhat of a local celebrity but didn't know to what extent.

He entertained the troops in Vietnam, has played the Grand Ole' Opry a bunch of times, was invited to The White House by Clinton, and is a Kentucky Colonel.

Dude's more American than most Americans I know.

A bunch of us are going back there in a couple of weeks. Even though country isn't usually my thing I am excite.

So is/was he a big deal in the states or what?

• Members

I think (THINK) he was also had a regular show in Branson, MO (?). Had his own show there for years, and the reason I know this is because I read a book about the guys who dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima. They went to go see him and he praised them to the moon. Maybe the same guy, but not sure.

• Members

I think (THINK) he was also had a regular show in Branson, MO (?). Had his own show there for years, and the reason I know this is because I read a book about the guys who dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima. They went to go see him and he praised them to the moon. Maybe the same guy, but not sure.

Interesting.

Archived