St. Louis near ballpark music stores?

hangwire

• Members

Driving down to st. Louis as I type this, and thought I should see if there are any decent guitar shops near to the stadium I could walk to beforehand?

Actual i'll expand that to any shops that people really like between the main destinations:

Anything along i39 or i55 or i70 in Illinois that is right off the interstate along the path from Rockford, il to st Louis

Anything near Spanish lake, MO where we are meeting in-laws pre game

Mainly like guitar shops that have decent used pedal choices :thu:

• Members

There is nothing within walking distance of Busch stadium. I wish, as I attend a lot of St. Louis Blues hockey games in the nearby arena.

J Gravity Strings can have some decent stuff from time to time, and they are a short drive from the stadium area.

Swing City Music in Edwardsville, IL can have some things worth looking at, and it is not very far off of I-55. Not a huge selection of used pedals, but stock changes over time.

Mojo's Music in Edwardsville, IL does not have a lot of used pedals, but they have a neat (but pricey) selection of guitars you don't see often see in the St. Louis/Metro-East area: Rickenbacker, G&L, Suhr. But I am not sure how far off of I-55 you want to get.

I would send you to Killer Vintage in St. Louis (2 locations), but that would require additional travel.

Believe it or not, the local Guitar Centers have the most used pedals.

• Members

The parameter we are up against is that tonight we are driving around with others so walking once we park was my option, and i just found out we are likely leaving at 6am Saturday morning so unless there is a music store that is open very early on a Saturday, we will be well into Illinois before the typical 10am opening time

Maybe I should change the thread now that you told me there is nothing near the stadium to "music stores off the interstate in mid to upper mid Illinois" :lol:

• Members

The parameter we are up against is that tonight we are driving around with others so walking once we park was my option, and i just found out we are likely leaving at 6am Saturday morning so unless there is a music store that is open very early on a Saturday, we will be well into Illinois before the typical 10am opening time

Maybe I should change the thread now that you told me there is nothing near the stadium to "music stores off the interstate in mid to upper mid Illinois" :lol:

• Members

Not only are there no guitar shops near the stadium/arena area, but outside of bars and restaurants, there is not much anything around that area. Half of Union Station is now deserted. It is an ongoing issue for downtown St. Louis. If want to visit a bunch of shops (not necessarily instrument related - but there are some), you need to hop the Metrolink and hit the Delmar Loop.

• Members

Why are you visiting today? Baseball game too? I'll buy a round

We're going to the game... but since my wife is a teacher, this is more of a 'last bash of summer' trip than anything else. Hitting up the arch, the game, the brewery and some BBQ before heading out Saturday. Where are your seats?

• Members

We're going to the game... but since my wife is a teacher, this is more of a 'last bash of summer' trip than anything else. Hitting up the arch, the game, the brewery and some BBQ before heading out Saturday. Where are your seats?

No idea yet, but should I pm you location to do a quick hello and a beer when I find out in a bit when we arrive?

• Members

when going to the arch- do not have a pocket knife on you. they have some ridiculously tight security there and they gave me a hell of a hard time about a tiny pocket knife. even after showing my work ID and a whole bunch of certifications, they were close to making my day a lot {censored}tier.

all in the name of national security. serious business on a Wednesday in st louis.

• Members

Oh, please let me state that you will simply NOT find a better place to watch a baseball game in person than at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, period. There may be prettier stadiums, more comfortable stadiums, stadiums with better food, etc... but for pure baseball panacea, Busch Stadium in St. Louis is baseball heaven.

So fellow baseball fans, Welcome to THE place to watch a game tonight :cool:

• Members

Actually I have been here before abd I always rank it in the bottom of the list :o abd we have been to 15 of the 30. The view of the arch is the only redeeming factor after the view from the outside facade

But we park in the mayor's spot:

ec299d75.jpg

• Members

I be pwned on the hangwire :D

I still stand by my claim, though. You will get a full (or at least near) house every night. You will get knowledgeable fans every night. You will get a baseball experience to remember every night :cool:

Actually I have been here before abd I always rank it in the bottom of the list
:o

Archived