Effects Question

BryceS33

• Members

Hey everybody! I dont post on here very much, mainly just lurk...but I have a question about my board. I am currently in a post rock/metal, ambient band and I am looking for additions to my board. I currently have a wren and cuff tall font russian for my main dirt toanz followed by a hardwire reverb and a hardwire delay. This all runs into a Jet City JCA100h and a matching cab. My guitars are a Hamer double cut and a squier vintage modified jazzmaster. So really what Im asking is what else do I need for my board? I dont really dig chorus or flange and I feel like a phaser would not be used. Another delay?

• Members

yes, i'd get another delay, a phaser, and a fuzz if you're not on the chorus bandwagon.

Echolution, hbe psilocybe phaser, and a demo tape fuzz

or Boss DD-7, small stone/'74 phase 90 reissue, and a Blackout Mantra or Blackout Musket

Octave is a good idea...maybe a boss oc-2?

Octave would be a good option. Phaser can be really good too - set the speed super slow and just let it run...

Fuzz and a boost would both add to your setup. Maybe one of the new Tech 21 Boost Fuzz pedals - kill those two birds with one stone. :)

• Members

That tech 21 boost fuzz does sound pretty legit! But Im thinking an octave would be the first thing to get. My tall font russian has taken away all my gas for dirt/fuzz pedals. It sounds amazing! So god damn heavy.

• Members

micro POG is great, but shoot for the HOG if you want some sweet overkill. maybe an analog delay to pair with your digital one? or the catalinbread Montavillian which is digital, but can do great things if you are looking for big floaty echoes

Archived