Devi Ever Hyperion...?

thom

• Members

Might be able to get one for a reasonable price. Sounds massive in the clips, but without actually trying it it's hard to be sure...

Can it do anything my fuzz factory can't?

Don't want to get it just BECAUSE it's a good deal, I'd wanna hear from anyone who knows both the fuzz factory and the Hyperion, to be sure they don't cover to much of the same ground.

Cheers.

• Members

I like devi's pedals alot. Didn't get along with the Hyperion. I thought it was too bassy or something. Didn't try it for too long though.

Doesn't really sound like a Fuzz Factory at all, completely different. If you like the clips for the Hyperion and don't feel like your Fuzz Factory does a good muff sound, I'd say, give it a go.

• Members

I have a hyperion 2, though I barely ever use the oscillation knob. For me, it has a percieved volume drop when run with an amp that isn't 100% clean.

I do like it a lot but sometimes wish it had some sort of tone control to tame the highs and give it some more percieved thickness. I may mod mine.

• Members

It doesn't sound muffy at all in the yt clips impo. I've got my muff needs covered anyway, a Swollen Pickle I only take out when I'm in a pumpins/stoner/doom mood.

If anything the clips remind me of some of the fuzz factory settings, but I've been mislead by online demos before, which is why I'm asking here.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna pass, I usually prefer my dirt peds with a little more knobs. I like tweaking an eq/tone control when I switch guitars...

• Members

It doesn't sound muffy at all in the yt clips impo. I've got my muff needs covered anyway, a Swollen Pickle I only take out when I'm in a pumpins/stoner/doom mood.

If anything the clips remind me of some of the fuzz factory settings, but I've been mislead by online demos before, which is why I'm asking here.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna pass, I usually prefer my dirt peds with a little more knobs. I like tweaking an eq/tone control when I switch guitars...

Archived