large pedalboards with cases/lids

echodeluxe

• Members

for the price, im impressed. the deluxe pedalhead looks like what id need.

now to justify the cost...

It's 200 bucks. You probably have pedals that have cost more than that, and either way, you'll buy it once and then be pretty much set, unless you need more room. Don't get something crappy, just to regret it later. Also, think about resale, if you ever want to trade it or sell it, an NYC board or PedalTrain will move itself, a junkier board won't. I speak from experience here.

• Members

im looking for a pedalboard a'la Nels Clines. its a big board with aluminum valences that seems pretty good. dont know what the cost would be though. and none of those trailer trash etc boards with the lame cosmetics. just a plain ass one.

Just build that {censored} yourself.

http://alio3.blogspot.com/2009/06/diy-pedalboard-tutorial-made-by-dummy.html

And, buy a flight case off eBay to carry it in.

• Members

good. {censored}ing. idea.

two used pedaltrain minis or whatever they are called? excellent.

I use a Jr, and that's as big as I'd ever want to go for one board, gigging regularly. If I was going to need more, I think the two smaller boards side by side is a great idea. Depends on what you're running these days.

• Members

Do you have access to basic woodworking tools? Make your own and save $$$.

It's not rocket science to build one. Go to a big box 'depot' and ask them to cut you a board, paint it black and put it in one of those cool vintage heavy duty pieces of vintage luggage you see at thrift stores. Less than $10. And you can customize it to any size you want.

Geeze, the way people are forkin' over money on these pedalboards I should quit my job & build them for a living!

Archived