What do i need to do to become an awesome pedal builder of the future?

gambit

• Members
IMO, the booteek pedal making "business" (if you wanna call that) is just way too saturated right now.
People are just making pretty much, the same clones or a different variation of what's already out there
. Only with a different name and box.

After more than 14+ years in the forums will make you jaded. (me)

IMO, you're way too late in the game. Unless you have something so awesome to put out. Sorry, bud but that's the TRUTH,
:)

Saturated? I think that is true. There's a lot of competition out there right now, and much of it is doing the same thing.

That said, there are some companies that have gone beyond that. Some are getting in to microcontrollers, and DSP. Some are making ridiculous pedals with 20 knobs. (granted that won't appeal to everyone) If you are just starting out now, I think you need to do something to make a name for your self. You need to do it right at the start, or you may get a reputation for being 'just another clone company.'

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
IMO, the booteek pedal making "business" (if you wanna call that) is just way too saturated right now.
People are just making pretty much, the same clones or a different variation of what's already out there
. Only with a different name and box.

After more than 14+ years in the forums will make you jaded. (me)

IMO, you're way too late in the game. Unless you have something so awesome to put out. Sorry, bud but that's the TRUTH,
:)

Saturated? I think that is true. There's a lot of competition out there right now, and much of it is doing the same thing.

That said, there are some companies that have gone beyond that. Some are getting in to microcontrollers, and DSP. Some are making ridiculous pedals with 20 knobs. (granted that won't appeal to everyone) If you are just starting out now, I think you need to do something to make a name for your self. You need to do it right at the start, or you may get a reputation for being 'just another clone company.'

Archived