what's the best (Simple) audio recording APP for iPhone?

Amigo

• Members

I have 4track but I use voicenotes, I really like the simplicity of it, I honestly only use it for getting down ideas. No need to edit my {censored}ty sounding idea on my iphone, it's just so I can remember riffs and whatnot.

I would however like something in which I could name the songs, perhaps get a mic level and export the music files onto my computer EASIER than voicenotes. The idea is quick and easy.

Is there anything like this? Prefferably free

Thanks love you :love:

• Members

i have garageband and it is great on iphone, maybe overkill for your needs.

not sure what voicenotes is, but what is wrong with the Voice Memo app that comes with iphone? - or is that what you refer to as voicenotes - it lets you record super easy, i think it just labels it by recording date/time, but then whenever i plug my iphone in to my computer it automatically transfers all my voice memos to itunes. then i can easily rename/alter levels and what not. super easy

• Members

dumb that apple doest let you name them on hte iphone...

cool though that apple lets you have any song in your library as alarms on ios6

AND lets you do custom vibrations for text messages or phone calls from any given person. pretty cool little touch screen vibration editor thing to make custom ones, you tap out how long you want the vibrations, kinda like a morse code Guitar Hero hybrid :) not sure if either of these were in ios5 but i don't recall seeing them.

• Members

dumb that apple doest let you name them on hte iphone...

cool though that apple lets you have any song in your library as alarms on ios6

AND lets you do custom vibrations for text messages or phone calls from any given person. pretty cool little touch screen vibration editor thing to make custom ones, you tap out how long you want the vibrations, kinda like a morse code Guitar Hero hybrid
:)
not sure if either of these were in ios5 but i don't recall seeing them.

Do you know what I just realized..... YOU CAN NAME THEM! I was {censored}ing around with voice memos and if you click on the arrow (>) after its recorded, click on the title again it brings you to a "label" page, if you go down to "custom" you can name it whatever you want.

Mind=blown, no need for new app.

• Members

Garageband on iOS is great, really really fun and pretty intuitive. But if thats overkill (which it might be in your case) check out the 4track app by Sonoma (I think) really simple, has a nice clean feel, you can record 4 tracks (more if you bounce them) and do a really basic mix. You can name your songs and add some simple effects/eq/compression.

• Members

I second that Garageband on the iPhone is awesome, as well. Even if you're bored its fun to plink around on the guitars they have on there.

garageband_hero_gallery1.jpg

Yup. Even if you're not looking to record, it's fun to just pull up the app and {censored} around on some tap drums, or smart strings. Love it.

Archived