My singer has killed someone!!

Grubgoat

• Members

Anyone care to see us play? Irish's eyes are glowing white like a devil! Got the finished master in the mail today, our guitar player told me he had this old clip on his phone. Now I'm bumming again, cause the new album is pretty awesome, then I see this video again. *SIGH* Anyway our guitar player used a lot of Boss Pitch Shifters and gets some sick sounds out of them on this...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

But is he really Irish??

Yes. The lyrics in that "Goddess" song that I've video linked above, go "Don't judge a book by it's cover, 100% Irish Mother". His name is "Michael Patrick Murphy Hamilton". The Shooting happened in (in Michigan Speak) "Irish Hills, Michigan". For whatever reason, he was *very* proud of his Irish heritage....

• Members

OP that is insane! Recently a friend of a friend, who I had hung out with a few times in High School, went to jail for 10 years for raping/molesting near 15 girls (plea bargain). Its been months and I am still in disbelief.

• Members

OP that is insane! Recently a friend of a friend, who I had hung out with a few times in High School, went to jail for 10 years for raping 15 girls (plea bargain). Its been months and I am still in disbelief.

That is one hell of a plea bargain.

• Members

Like I said, still in disbelief. I'll try to dig up the article that has the exact numbers, but I believe it was something like 10-12 girls raped and a few molested, a few others harassed. I think more than 15 girls testified. I don't understand the low plea bargain, but my friends have told me that he had taken depression and bi-polar medication in high-school, so maybe that played into it? Just a {censored}ed up situation all around. BTW I'm 22 and he was 19 years old when he was convicted earlier this year.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So today I went to the Jackson County Jail and saw Irish. The whole thing was really strange, from waiting several hours to see him (and all the other people who were there to see *their* relatives/friends) and only getting to talk for like 7 minutes, to the glassy look in his eyes, they're obviously sedating him. He was wearing stripes, was unshaven. You talk through a little phone, so we're passing the phone around just to hear him. His mood seemed to flip from happy-to-see-us to about-to-burst-into-helpless-tears, back and forth. His girl said he wouldn't look me in the eye, but he did, a little.

I didn't really feel anything, just pity, I guess. This man is someone's pet. He hasn't even been able to listen to his own final album, I finished it not long after he did this. Us coming to see him was probably the biggest part of his week, now he's probably sitting in his cell, with nothing to do but sit.

He asked me if I could record him from jail, he's been writing new songs. The cost of pre-paid phone cards and commissary is bleeding his girlfriend and his family dry, not to mention the gas costs for them to drive the hour to get there every week. And wait for several hours. All to get to see him for 15 minutes tops.

Crazy. Just so pointless, the whole thing. Drugs are kind of bad, kids...

Archived