Anyone have/used a Vox Delaylab?

crohny

• Members

I've got one, and other than the size and preset bank switching it's amazing. The only reason I would get rid of it is the size and if I could get ahold of a Timeline (only because it's smaller!)

The delays sound great, stupidly simple to use, and durable.

• Members

I've got one, and other than the size and preset bank switching it's amazing. The only reason I would get rid of it is the size and if I could get ahold of a Timeline (only because it's smaller!)

The delays sound great, stupidly simple to use, and durable.

You can assign delays to the switches cant you? If so then the banking is irrelevant and size doesn't matter either. I have a lot of room on my board.

Edit: Thanks for the reply.

• Members

I love my Delaylab! You can assign the presets wherever you like, its only a 1/4 inch bigger than a DL4, so its not as giant as everyone seems to think. There are a lot of great sounds in it and its pretty intuitive to use. Honestly you can't lose.

The looper is great too! Good recording quality and you can use delay on the loops

• Members

you can only tap in the tempo when the delay is engaged.

I have a hardwire delay right now and in order to use the tap tempo I have to hold the switch down for a couple seconds till it goes into tap mode. Same to get out of it. The delaylab is far easier to deal with than the hardwire.

• Members

What I mean was the bank switching. You have to hold down the tap switch for two seconds and then scroll through all ten banks. It's just sort of a pain and time consuming if you're onstage. The three presets per bank are great though

Ahh, I see. Still not an issue though.

• Members

My Delaylab has been a godsend for me. I've been pining for a looper ever since I got rid of my Headrush E2 thinking I was gonna get a JM stereo, glad I held out for this. The delays do sound really killer, and all the looping abilities of this thing just take it to another level. The ability to switch looper modes while looping/overdubbing is pretty killer. I don't use it in sterero, however. Honestly my only real gripe with it, and this is nitpicking, is that it is a bit tall, with sharper corners than on my E2, and it took some getting used to in order to get the timing right with looping and making sure you hit the switch on time. Other than that, it's been an absolute gem.

Archived